FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
LECTURER (2 POSITIONS)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria would like to invite applications for the vacancies above.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research universities in the country and gives us a competitive edge in the international development of science and technology.
Incumbents will be responsible for:
- Courses in management accounting and/or financial management at undergraduate and/or post-graduate level;
- Academic administration;
- Supervise postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals.
- AC(SA) AND master’s degree with a specialization in finance;
- Current/future research specializing in one of the Department’s areas of intervention:
- Business performance and risk management;
- Creation of shareholder value;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- consumer financial decision-making;
- Behavioral finance;
- Funding for retirement; and
- Teaching experience at a university;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Proven teaching skills and technical ability in relevant field;
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND PREFERENCES:
- Teaching experience at postgraduate level;
- Research experience;
- Evidence of postgraduate student supervision;
- Publications in accredited academic journals;
- The potential to become a scholar in the discipline;
- Involvement in professional activities, if any;
- Candidates who do not yet hold a doctorate must demonstrate the potential and the desire to obtain a doctorate within a reasonable time after the date of appointment;
- Applicants should, based on the quality of recent or previous research output, be able to give a clear indication that they are likely to establish or re-establish themselves as independent researchers in their own right in the future close.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be required to prepare and present a mock lecture and/or technical report to a selection panel.
The annual compensation package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s appointment level, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme or the Umvuzo medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
To apply for this position, please contact:
- A complete CV;
- Certified copies of diplomas;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three references whom we are authorized to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
- Self evaluation;
- Please clearly indicate your area of specialization.
CLOSING DATE: March 22, 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not meet at least the minimum requirements.
INFORMATION : Mrs. Z Mashalaba, Tel: (012) 420 5293
If you do not hear from the University of Pretoria by November 30, 2021, please accept that your application has not been successful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the University’s Employment Equity Plan and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given to, but is not limited to, applicants from the designated groups under represented.
All applicants who meet the nomination requirements are welcome to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to fill advertised positions.